Kanchanburi is a beautiful province in Thailand, located on the confluence of two rivers. The quaint city is famous for the death railway and a number of magnificent waterfalls and nature parks. The beautiful city is increasingly favoured by backpackers and foreign tourists for its cool and tranquil atmosphere.
Plan a trip to Kanchanburi while planning your itinerary of Thailand. Visitors can book their stay at one of the luxury resort in Kanchanburi and enjoy visiting the famous sightseeing spots. The resort offers five star amenities and pampers the guests with ultimate luxury. There are many places of tourist interest in the quaint city.
- The Thailand – Burma Railway centre is the main attraction of the town. Also known as the Death railway, the building houses a museum and a war cemetery. Tourists can reach the museum after crossing the famous Hellfire pass dug by the war prisoners.
- The beautiful historical bridge on River Kwai is the most sought after tourist attraction in the city. The bridge is a part of the death Railway.
- Jeath war Museum – this is a museum maintained by a monk. The museum is designed as an exact replica of prisoner’s war camp during the world war era.
- Don-Rak War Cemetery is the burial place of the prisoners, who died building the Death Railway.
- The Three Pagodas pass is located on the Thai-Burma border. The pass was a stop on the ancient trade route and now houses a market.
- Ban Kao National Museum has ancient artefacts from Neolithic period. Visitors can see the skeletal remains, jewellery and other items excavated from this site.
- Erawan National Park is the place to visit if you want to witness the magnificent seven tiered Erawan Falls. The National Park is home to many beautiful flora and fauna like elephants, Gibbons and Cobras.
- Sri Nakarin National Park has famous hot springs to relax after a hectic sightseeing. The Kwai Yai River has its points of origin at this National Park. You can see a lot of animals like Civets, Bats, Leopards and Elephants. The beautiful Huay Mae Khamin Waterfalls is a place not to be missed while visiting the park.
All these places are in and around Kanchanburi. Visitors can book stay at the luxury resort in Kanchanburi and explore all these places in leisure.
Gutter cleaning is important especially if you are in a region that is dominated by a constantly changing weather. But cleaning is only as important when the gutter is intact and fully functional. When you neglect to care for your gutters, you can expect them to get damage or even fall apart. When gutters get damaged, they would not be able to properly direct the rainwater to the drainage. When this happens, your house can be greatly affected due to the water damage that the rain can cause.
You need to properly to care of your gutters and keep them well maintained especially during spring and autumn. You can always hire a cleaning service for your gutters but know that when you clean and maintain them yourselves, you would be saving a whole lot of money. Normally, it is recommended that you clean out your gutters twice a year but the frequency should also depend on the location of your house. If your house is built directly under a tree or if you live somewhere frequented by storms then you should definitely clean your gutters more often. You can easily do this by using a ladder. Unfortunately, if your house is beyond a second story, then you should definitely hire a professional to help you out.
You should always make frequent inspections especially during spring and autumn. Using a stiff brush, you should scrub the dirt away. Blowing them away is also another option. When the debris is too thick, it is recommended that you scoop them up using a garden trowel.
Also, the slope should be inspected and adjusted whenever necessary so that it always connects with the downspouts. Another thing to remember is that the downspout should direct water away from your house. You can add extenders if needed.
Make sure to check the gutters for rust, peeling paint, flaking and leaks. The same goes with the downspout. It is important that they are kept in the best condition possible in order for them to perform at their best. Also, when the gutters are slightly pulled loose, you should remember to secure them once more so that they don’t separate entirely from the house.
The natural resources that are being enjoyed by human beings and animals alike are God’s gift. Being a rational inhabitant of this planet, it is man’s duty to take care and preserve these natural resources for the benefit of the younger generation. However, because of the high rate of urbanization and man’s recklessness, the pristine nature is now threatened. Tons of wastes, pollution and abuse in the use of natural resources all result to damaged ecosystems.
The irresponsible acts of mankind towards nature made him suffer more. As Isaac Newton’s law states that for every action there is an equivalent reaction; nature can be harsh when you enrage it. The increased heat that could be felt especially in regions near the Earth’s equator is one of the effects of man’s carelessness. The ozone layer is thinning and could not anymore regulate the amount of heat. Stronger typhoon rains and winds are also felt. This change in climate can be attributed to pollution and rampant cutting of trees.
It is not yet too late to help and preserve Mother Earth. There are environmental groups that have advocated for nature’s preservation. You can join these groups and help Mother Earth heal or start in your own little way.
Helping the environment
You can help by buying recycled materials. If you can reuse an item, then take advantage of using it again. It is said that a ton of recycled papers saves at least 17 trees, 7,000 gallons of water and 4,000 kw-H of energy.
Only use what is necessary. Conserve energy and water. Turn off the lights, appliances and faucets if you are not using these. Think of alternative ways to conserve energy. Instead of turning on the air condition, you can open your windows and breathe in fresh air. Store rainwater in barrels and use these during dry season.
By learning and growing in knowledge about the environment, you have a better grasp of the environment’s condition and can find better ways to help save it. Educate yourself all the time. Read articles in magazines, newspapers or on the internet regarding protecting and preserving nature. Importantly, learn to appreciate the beauty of nature. Occasionally spend time visiting national parks, sanctuaries, zoo or gardens. This way, you will realize how precious the gift of nature is.