No matter how clean you are inside the house, your carpet will inevitably become dirty over time. It will be subjected to drops, accidental spills and whatever dirt your shoe wear has on it. Here are some expert tips from professionals regarding carpet cleaning.
- If your carpet got stained, blot it and do not rub. Dabbing can be done with a cleaning solution using a sponge or a clean cloth. Blotting will put a little pressure on the stain so it will be easily absorbed. If you rub, the stain will more likely get into the carpet fibres which will damage it faster. Blotting of the stain should be inward because outward direction will spread it instead.
- Club soda is an effective stain remover for beer and wine but it should be used properly. This should be done by blotting the stain with a cloth damp with soda. If the stain is stubborn, make a spray with one part water and one part white vinegar. Use it on the stain and leave it for 15 minutes. Using a clean sponge, remove the remaining solution and stain from the carpet. Repeat if the stain is still there.
- The most common stains will be easily removed by using a shaving cream. All you have to do is put the shaving cream directly and leave it for 30 minutes. After it has set, use clean cloth to blot away the stain. Use the same white vinegar and water solution to completely clean the stained area.
- If you accidentally stepped on a chewing gum and brought it home to your carpet without realizing until it is too late, there is an easy solution. All you need is a few ice cubes. Apply on the gum for 30 minutes and this will eventually freeze. Use a spoon to remove the gum, cut out the fabric that is stuck to it.
- If you happen to have grease stains on your carpet then all you have to use is a dishwashing detergent that is ideal for grease cutting. This will act the same way as you wash you dishes. Mix with water and spray the solution on the stain.
If you have stubborn stains or carpet problems which cannot be resolved by the above solutions then contact a professional carpet cleaning in Perth.