If you are planning to purchase school furniture, remember that choosing the school furniture company is not the only decision you will have to make. As a buyer, you have to be informed of the products you are buying. Here are some tips when purchasing furniture for school or learning institutions.
- Research the companies that specialize in school furniture. You have the internet in your fingertips to do the research. You can also check out magazines and catalogues. Make sure to visit their websites and read product reviews from previous buyers. Their websites is also the best way to view their products and if you are lucky you might snatch a deal for online buyers only. If the furniture you want is not listed, call them to make sure.
- Do not wait before ordering. If you are planning to postpone ordering thinking that it will arrive on time for the start of school year, you might be making a big mistake. Remember that manufacturers have varying lead-time before they can ship out your products. During shipping, there might be delays you are not expecting. This is why you need to make an order as soon as possible.
- Choose basic colours and models of furniture. The latest ones are usually the most expensive. Lead-time is also longer for designer furniture. If you plan to purchase more in the future, choosing basic colour and styles will be easier to reorder.
- Consider the heights of your students before ordering. Recent furniture has adjustable heights thus you can follow the recommended chair heights.
- Pick furniture with good quality and make sure to ask the manufacturer regarding its warranty. Ask about the process of getting a service for a product under warranty.
- Lastly, if you are ordering a lot then you should choose a single school furniture company that carries all types. You might get a good deal if you order a higher quantity and you will be able to save from shipping costs since it will be coming from the same manufacturer.