Kitchen renovation or remodeling can be a challenge since it is a big project and there are many factors that should be taken into consideration. Time after time, homeowners tend to commit the same mistakes when it comes to design and remodeling decisions. Check this list in order to avoid the hassle and get your ideal kitchen.
– Do not ignore the small stuff and add-ons especially when it comes to storage. Be sure to grab the chance to incorporate additional dividers for your drawers and other storage solutions such as lazy Susans and pantry pullouts. It will make you kitchen more efficient when it comes to storage and it will cost you more if you decide to add these later after the renovation is over.
– Do not forget the workflow. During your planning phase, make sure to keep in mind the busiest parts of the kitchen such as the stove, refrigerator and the sink. They should be placed in an efficient location and strategically placed in respect to each other. Expert designers call them the work triangle because their relationship is much like a triangle.
– Do not settle for anything less when it comes to counter space. It is one of the most important parts of your kitchen. If you want to extend the space, you can make use of decorative corbels or even shelving supports in order to add more space to your countertop.
– Do not do everything alone. If you are planning to DIY your kitchen renovation, it is important to consult an expert in kitchen design at one point. The professional will be able to give their opinion about the remodeling plan you have devised as well as tips and advices. They will be able to contribute new ideas as well that will improve your kitchen design.
– Do not neglect other space in the house. While you are busy with your renovations, ensure that the remaining rooms in the house and the surfaces will not be affected. Cover them to avoid paint drippings, damages from new kitchen material and debris during your Kitchen Renovation in Perth.