Places that are created only by an artist through imagination which are used in books and novels are more often illustrated in a series of fantasy maps included in books to further assist the readers. If you have been trying, and failing, to make a fantasy map worthy to be included in a bestselling fantasy novel then this article will give you some guidelines on how to improve and work on your future fantasy maps.
First and foremost, your fantasy map should be able to relay the story that you are trying to convey to the readers. With just the map itself, the reader should be able to use his or her imagination in creating a story within that map. One should be able to appreciate the map, the landmarks and symbols within in order to catch the reader’s full interest. The map should act as a snapshot of a certain story by freezing in it the important details. It is considered by many as a static world when it comes to fantasy stories and games.
There are various ways in which a fantasy world can be portrayed depending on the artist and the viewer’s perspective. This is evident in the now famous fantasy book series turned TV series in HBO, A Song Of Ice and Fire or more commonly referred to as Game of Thrones. There are various maps made officially for the series but there are also a handful of fan made ones that can be found on the internet. There are those that caught the scene in a way that the author had set it and there are those that added their own style.
Second thing to keep in mind are the viewers – they should be able to understand and relate to the map’s story.
Third, it is essential for someone who likes to draw maps to study real geography. Though the ones you will be creating are fantasy maps, it should be as appealing as the real thing.
Last but not the least, map illustrations should be given focus especially when choosing the color palette as it affects how the map is perceived.
The overwhelming growth of mobile has literally changed the world of web design. A few decades ago, web designers only have one challenge to deal with – to build websites that can be accessible through desktops and laptops. Web designers became adept at creating appealing and professional websites that have the same look and feel across different computer browsers.
However, internet traffic from mobile is rising exponentially and it is foolhardily to ignore the opportunities of interacting with mobile users. Instead of having a different website version for a desktop, it has become smarter to adopt responsive web design where digital content can be viewed in different platforms.
Responsive web design is a new approach of coding a website so that it will provide an optimal viewing and navigating experience without the need to resize, pan or scroll across a range of devices. A web user will enjoy the same experience whether he uses a desktop computer, a smartphone or a tablet. All the navigation elements that include texts, images and layouts including audio and video will re-adjust themselves without requiring the user to do anything.
The common assumption that responsive web design is expensive is wrong because it there is no need to make a duplicate website that can be accessed through mobile. Creating a responsive web design can be a little expensive than a conventional website but costs can easily be offset from the internet traffic that will be generated from mobile. Responsive web design is an investment with long term impact because mobile looks like it here to stay.
More consumers today are reaching for their smartphones to access the web and it makes sense for the website to look good on them because a good experience can influence a purchasing decision. A professional web designer knows what it is effective for your business. He is not only effective in design; he understands marketing and how to make the website appealing to the target audience. Your web designer should know how to stay ahead of the competition by launching a better website. For further information, please feel free to contact www.perth-web-design.com.au
If you haven’t tried Indian food before or haven’t ventured somewhere in the Indian regions, then you are surely missing out on something. Indian food is known for its exquisite flavor and combination of spices which will make you see India in a new perspective. Its culture and tradition are embedded on the very dish they eat. Here are some traditional dishes one should try:
- Biryani is the number one most popular Indian food. It is consists of rice mixed with various spices though saffron stands out the most. Combined with the rice is marinated meat which can either be mutton or chicken. This dish is perfect if you have a large family gathering.
- Chole bhature is a curry dish made of chickpea and full of flavorful spices. This is usually consumed with flour bread which is fried. Can be served as breakfast.
- If you love dimsum then you will surely love Momos. This dish came from the North Eastern part of the region. It is mostly served together with spicy red chutney. This is perfect if you are looking for a midnight snack because it is light on the stomach.
- Idli is ideal for those who need something on the heavy side for breakfast. This dish originally came from the south. The batter which has been fermented is made up of lentils and rice that has been fairly grounded. It is then formed into circles before steaming.
- Rajma which is more common in the northern part of India is made up of kidney beans that are coated with thick gravy sauce. This is best served with rice and eaten on cold days.
- Gulab jaamun is a dessert made from dried milk and molded into small balls. These are then slow cooked before boiling in a mixture of syrupy sugar.
- Pani puri is the answer to a craving of every flavor in a single meal. It is mainly a crispy, round bread with a hollow center. The hollow is where the tamarind paste, chickpeas, spiced water, onion and potato are added.
If you are not visiting India anytime soon then it is best to visit the nearest Indian restaurant in your area. For those in Perth, check out twofatindians.com.au.
It would only be less than two months left before Christmas arrives and you all probably know what that means: Ugly Christmas Sweaters! Ever since they became popular, ugly Christmas sweaters have dominated the Christmas scene. Although they may not be flattering to look at, they do provide a lot of comfort to the wearer and not only that, lots of people actually wear them during the holiday season for all sorts of reasons. In fact, people actually hold ugly Christmas sweater parties. Not only do they provide comfort, they also help give a good laugh while bringing people closer together.
So if you want to get in on the ugly Christmas sweater trend, you can follow these DIY ideas below.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Kits. If you want to create your very own ugly Christmas sweater but don’t have the talent for knitting, why don’t you buy an ugly Christmas sweater instead? These specialized kits come with a sweater that you can personalize in any way you want. They also come with all the materials needed to make your sweater more hideous. Better use your imagination and bring out the ugliest sweater you can think of. You can purchase these kits online through websites like UglyChristmasSweater.com.
- Ugly but Cutesy. Ugly Christmas sweaters don’t always have to be ugly. In fact, most of the time, these holiday sweaters are actually cute. But if you truly want to turn your ugly into cute, why not add actual Christmas lights with matching Santa Claus and Reindeers into it?
- A Walking Christmas Tree. If you want to take the ugly into the next level, why not become a Christmas tree? By incorporating Christmas tree elements into your ugly Christmas sweater, you would be able to give a whole new meaning to ugly Christmas sweaters.
- Beard Baubles. If you’re not satisfied with just having an ugly Christmas sweater then why not make your face uglier by adding beard baubles? Right now, these facial ornaments are actually becoming a hipster trend which, by the way, was what ugly Christmas sweaters started as.
Real estate agents play an important role in both the selling and buying process. They are the ones you can turn to if you want to sell your house and if you are looking for one, they will also help you find a house that would meet all your needs. Unfortunately, good real estate agents are hard to come by. You would find a number of agents in your search but agents who are truly capable and trustworthy are pretty rare.
When you are out looking for an agent, it is always important that you have a critical mind. This is because you would not only be placing your trust on these agents; you would also be placing an important investment in their hands. But how would you know if an agent is capable or not? What type of agents do you need to avoid?
Here are some red flags that tell you to avoid an agent.
- If you are selling your house and the agent advises you the highest price for your home, then you should avoid this agent. Remember, if your price is too high on the market, people might not even look at it. What you can do is to approach three different agents and ask their opinion about your house’s price. They should at least come close to each other.
- He is a part time agent only. If this is the case, then you better drop him. You need someone who will dedicate his time helping you, someone who doesn’t make you have to wait.
- If the agent does not have good knowledge of the neighborhood you want to move into, then you should not hire him because as locations change, even by a single block, the price can also change and he might not know this.
- If the agent charges a lower than average commission, he would most likely not do an efficient job.
- If the agent is a poor negotiator, or if he can’t keep up with all the financial details, you should drop him because he would do you no help.
- If the agent does not specialize on the type of Hua Hin real estate you are selling or buying, you should not hire him because you would need someone who can provide you with maximum service and knowledge.
If you are a car-owner, then it can be safe to assume that your car is one of the most important necessities in your life. You use it to drive to work, to go to the supermarket, go on family trips and so on. You might now know this, but you are actually one of the fortunate people who are able to afford a car. Some people would have to make do with public transport.
That is why you should take good care of your car and make sure that it is properly maintained. Most people would think that car maintenance is nothing but filling up the gas tank. If you believe that, then you should know that car maintenance is also having your car serviced frequently and conduct repairs when necessary.
Regular vehicle maintenance is a good way to reduce maintenance costs. Servicing your car can provide you with numerous benefits. Here are some of them.
- Increased Driving Safety. You may think that just because you are a good driver means you’d be far from harm. The truth is your safety is actually only as good as the condition of your vehicle. If you regularly service your car, then the chances of your car letting you down, and potentially risking your safety, would greatly be reduced. Make sure to always check your tires and if your car is more than three years old, you should have it checked for driving worthiness.
- Performance Boost. When you service your car regularly, know that you are also enhancing its performance. Regular servicing would make sure that every part of your car is working at its best. Lastly, regular servicing is a good way to improve fuel economy.
- Extended Life. Cars can be quite expensive that is why you would most likely want it to run for a number of years. Regular servicing can do that. When you service your car regularly, you are helping it extend its lifespan so that you can still make good use of it for a longer time.
Now you know the importance of car servicing and maintenance. You should learn to love your car and care for it. If you do not actually have to use them, then don’t. You should also avoid pushing it to its limit. If you have a rather large cargo to put, go for a van rental so that you don’t strain your car too much.
Traveling is a truly rewarding experience if your purpose for it self-discovery, relaxation and exploration. It has been said that a person should at least travel once in his lifetime. But what if you’re broke? What if you don’t have the necessary resources to go on a trip? Resources, like money, nowadays are quite scarce. Fortunately, there are some ways that you can do to travel while still being able to spend less.
The first step to pocket-friendly traveling is securing cheap accommodations. Cheap accommodations don’t actually mean that you would have to sacrifice quality over necessity it just means that you would have to look harder for cheaper hotels. There are a few ways for you to book cheaper hotels easily.
- METASEARCH ENGINES. If there is one place you can find cheaper hotels, then that would probably be metasearch engines. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, metasearch engines are, they are websites that allows you to search multiple hotel booking sites all at once. Through metasearch engines you will know which hotels offer the lowest best value rates.
- DIRECT CALLS. Once you already have a particular hotel in mind, you should probably give that hotel a call. Know that calling the hotel directly would help you get better deals. This is because since you are calling them personally, the hotel staff would tell you detailed information about the hotel and how accommodation and services are priced. Calling them directly would also help you strike a good deal if you negotiate hard.
- CANCELABLE RATES. A good way to save on money is to book on cancelable rates. Remember that rates could change in an instant especially if there are a lot of rooms being filled. When prices fluctuate, it would be best if you had booked cancelable rates so that you could find other pocket-friendly choices. Unfortunately, not all hotels offer cancelable rates. You would just have to try harder to find them.
- LAST MINUTE. Booking last minute can be good. If you are looking for a hotel in Tel Aviv late at night, you can assume that most hotels by then would just want to fill a room and because of that, they would be willing to negotiate good prices with patrons.