If you love diving and you are going to a liveaboard trip for the first time then you must have to remember some tips and tricks. It is important to be armed with the right information and gears when especially if you are going to somewhere remote, which is mostly the case. Here are a few things to keep in mind to make sure that you have a worry free and the best diving experience:
- While you are shopping for all the essentials you will be bringing to the cruise, keep in mind to consider buying things that are biodegradable especially personal care products such as your soap and shampoo. Keep in mind that everything that you will be using onboard for the duration of your vacation will all be drained out into the ocean where you are floating. This means you are contributing to things that could harm the underwater creatures.
- Decide the minimum number of clothes that you will need while you are in vacation. After deciding, cut that in half as it is more likely that you will not be using all of them.
- It is important that you ask the operator who is in charge of your liveaboard trip regarding the dive tools that will be most suitable in the region where you are going. It could be an SMB with extra line, a reef hook or a pointer. Whatever it is, make sure that you have the proper training in order for you to be more comfortable using them when time comes.
- Ask whether the cruise will be stopping in any local villages and bring things that can be given to the locals such as pencils for the students and anything that the village might find useful.
- If you are thinking of a souvenir to remember your trip, the best idea is to buy a plain shirt and have everyone you encountered on board sign them.
These are only some of the tips to keep in mind. There are a lot of beautiful islands to include in your diving list. Don’t forget to check out and experience Similan islands diving.
Have you ever made the effort to check out your plumbing fixtures to know how much water they are consuming? Do you know that you are using about 100 gallons a day and you can reduce your water consumption by replacing your standard bathroom fixtures with high efficiency toilets, faucets and showers? You will not only be saving money on your water bills but you will be saving the environment.
If you are using standard toilets that were made before 1995, it is very likely to consume 5 gallons of water every time it is flushed. If the toilet was made after 1996, it consumes about 1.5 gallons every flush. A high efficiency toilet consumes less than 1.3 gallons of water each flush that is why it is highly suggested by plumbers. A better option is the dual flush toilet that has two buttons – one for liquid waste and another for solid waste. If you use the button for liquid waste, you will only consume about a gallon of water while the other button that is intended for solid waste uses a full 1.6 gallons of water.
How many times do you shower within a day? Do you know that showering accounts for nearly 17% of the water consumed in the home? In the United States, it was reported that 5 billion gallons of water are consumed within a day. If every household upgrades their shower heads to water efficient models, $2.6 billion in energy costs can be saved from heating water at the same time that enough water is saved to supply more than 2.3 million homes for a year. Water efficient shower heads allow you to save water without compromising performance.
It is very simple to replace with your standard toilet with high efficiency toilets and your shower heads with efficient models. Richards Plumbing Services are just one call away to help you save money. You can also have your faucets replaced with high efficiency models without sacrificing ample flow. Next time you shower, wash your hands or flush the toilet, you know you are doing your part to save the earth’s resources.
You’ve probably heard a lot about yoga, about all of the benefits it can bring you. But do you know what yoga really is about? When people think about yoga, most of them visualize a person twisting into a pretzel and doing all kinds of ridiculous poses. If you’re one of these people, then you surely have a lot to learn about yoga.
Yoga is an ancient art form dating back to 5,000 years ago. Even though it’s an old discipline, it is still very popular in this modern age and more people are actually joining in the practice. Yoga is all about harmonizing your mind and body through different postures (asanas), meditation and effective breathing techniques.
With yoga, there are actually a lot of different styles that you can choose from and if you are planning to join the practice and engage in yoga, you must choose a style that is in tune with you. Here are different yoga styles that you can choose from.
- ACRO YOGA. This is a relatively new yoga form created and developed by Jessie Goldberg and Eugene Poku. Acro yoga combines acrobatics and yoga through the use of gravity while stretching in order to improve the strengthening of the body.
- ASHTANGA YOGA. If you are looking to improve your core strength and tone your body then this might just be what you need. The Ashtanga yoga is an incredibly powerful and very physical practice as it demands that you synchronize your breath and movement which roduces internal heat and purifies your body. This discipline is very strict when it comes to practicing the poses. This form is developed by Sri. K Pattabhi Jois.
- HOT YOGA. This is also an intense yoga form wherein you would practice in an intensely heated room. Hot yoga is good at reducing stress and for pain management.
- HATHA YOGA. This form of yoga deals with the balance of stimulation and calming. Hatha yoga could either be wilful or forceful and often results in a balanced yoga practice. This balance is perfect for reducing stress. ‘Ha’ means sun and ‘Tha’ means moon making up Hatha yoga Chiang Mai.
Possibly one of the most difficult and most stressful things to do in life is finding the right gift to a person. First of all, you would need to look for a present that you know the recipient would appreciate otherwise your efforts would have been all for naught. It’s even more stressful finding a gift for a baby. With an adult, you’d be able to consider his likes, dislikes, his hobbies and his interests. But with a baby, what interests would you consider besides milk, diapers and escaping the crib?
But giving gifts to babies doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, why should it be? You can give a baby anything and he would surely appreciate it. Unfortunately, it’s the parents that you need to impress. So when buying gifts for babies, here’s what you need to remember.
- You don’t really have to buy the baby a gift. If you think that you are just being forced to buy a gift for the baby then why should you do so? If it’s your own baby, you don’t really need to buy him anything because all a baby wants is to be fed, clothed, washed and put to sleep. What it needs is tender loving care and that is what you need to give the baby. But if you’re baby is old enough to believe in Santa Claus, then that is definitely a reason to buy a gift.
- Ask then buy. If you are giving a gift for someone else’s baby, it would be better if you just ask the parents what they need and provide them with that. Be practical. Go for something that would help the parents provide the needs of their baby.
- Toys, toys, toys. What else would you buy a baby than with someone he could cuddle or rip to pieces? Just make sure that you buy a toy that makes less noise, is non-toxic and safe for the baby.
- Personalized baby gifts are a thoughtful way for you to show your affection for the baby. Through personalized baby gifts, you add your own personal touch which makes the gift even more special!
Feeling troubled about the small space in your rooms? Well, trouble no more with these helpful tips!
- Maximize your kitchen space by using open storage shelves. Instead of using regular cupboards, why not add open and organized storage shelves instead? This would help keep your kitchen space open and airy.
- Don’t let space go unused in small bedrooms. When you find that there is still some space you can maximize in your small bedroom, why not turn this space into a fully functional working space? Add a desk of suitable size and some shelves where you can place your books and other items.
- Maximize your bathroom storage by using narrow wall shelves. These shelves provide a great way to store your bathroom essentials in a practical and stylish way. Place all you unsightly toiletries under the bathroom vanity and invest on canisters to hold your cotton swabs, lotions and other items.
- Make the most out of multipurpose spaces. There will be times when you won’t have a choice but to make use of a single space for multiple purposes. For example, a guest bedroom and a home office. It would definitely do you well to invest on convertibles like sofa beds.
- Avoid using dark hues. Why is this important? This is because darker hues negate effective lighting which would then leave the room looking smaller. Use only light and soft hues because they go well with mirrors and windows to effectively direct proper lighting and make the room appear larger.
- Use curtains to divide. If you want to divide rooms for better use of space, you should definitely use a curtain. This adds an element of sophistication and drama.
- Use the space beneath the stairs. The extra space under the stairs can get quite awkward but you can make use of that space by installing shelves where you can place important or decorative items.
- Add a mirror. The best way to expand space and make the room look bigger is by adding a mirror. This would help direct natural light all over the room and give the illusion of a larger room space.
To further improve on your Thailand interior design, why not hire a professional interior designer? They’ll be fully equipped and qualified to make your room designs better, more appealing and practical.
There are plenty of reasons why you should go on a vacation. Vacations offer numerous benefits not only to the physical body but with the mental aspect as well plus a chance to get away from the stresses of work and everyday life. Now, if you have decided to take a vacation, you would be faced with a number of lodging options from hotels to resorts, RVs and even home rentals.
Probably one of the best choices is to go for a vacation rental. If you don’t know what vacation rentals are, they are basically a fully-furnished condo, home, apartment or villa that you can rent. While it is similar to staying at a hotel, vacation rentals give a “homey” feeling and offer a lot more space and privacy. Vacation rentals are exceptionally very cost-effective especially if you are vacationing with a group. However one of the biggest challenges with vacation rentals is finding the right price.
Here is how you can save money on vacation rentals.
- Look for a vacation rental management company. What you should do is to go online because the Internet is a hotspot for numerous rental management companies. Once you find the right one, contact them via email or phone. The best thing about these companies is that they are able to provide you with inside information regarding special deals, promos, location and availability. It doesn’t matter what type of vacation rental you are looking for, property rental management companies would help you narrow down your search according to your budget.
- Ask around. You probably know a person, family, friend or colleague, who knows a lot about the best places to go and rent. Go ask them for recommendations because they might know someone who owns a house you can rent and you might even get a discount from them.
- Consider Craigslist. Craigslist has a lot of lists that you may want to check out. However, you should also be very careful since there are also people there who might scam you.
- Visit the place in person. For example, you want to spend your holidays in Hua Hin the best way to score a great deal is to visit the place in person.
It is without a doubt that with over 70 years in the business, Ferrari has become of the top industry leaders today. In fact, Brand Finance has even granted them the title of the most powerful brand today. Ferrari has become a symbol of luxury and innovation.
Founded by the late Enzo Ferrari, the company has been known to produce high-end luxury and race cars like the Ferrari LaFerrari and the new Ferrari 488 GTS. Here are some interesting facts about Ferrari.
- Founder Enzo Ferrari didn’t stray too much from home. While you may say that Enzo Ferrari had travelled around the world with his racing team, his company stayed in Maranello, near his birthplace, Modena. Today, you can still find the Ferrari Headquarters at Maranello, Italy.
- The Prancing Horse logo has an interesting background. According to Papa Enzo, he took the logo of the prancing horse from an image of a red horse painted on the fuselage of Count Francesco Barrera, a WWI hero. He said that he met with the war hero’s parents, the Count and CountessBaracca and back in ’23 after winning a race. They had suggested that Enzo use their son’s prancing horse logo on his cars because it would bring him good luck. Nine years after that, Alfa Romeo finally allowed Scuderia Ferrari to use the logo on their cars.
- The launch of the first Ferrari car was delayed by WWII. During WWII, Enzo Ferrari’s factory in Maranello was bombed by the Allied forces in 1944 and 1945. It was only after the factory was rebuilt that the first official Ferrari car, the V12 125 S, was launched two years after the war.
- The company didn’t decide the classic red color used in Ferrari cars before. Now, you would see Ferrari cars in different shades and color but back then, they were all mostly red. However, this classic color was not a decision made by Ferrari, they were just actually following the color assigned by the International Automobile Federation to all race cars in the Grand Prix.
- FIAT owns a considerable stake in the company. Back in 1969, founder Enzo Ferrari sold 50 percent of the company to the FIAT Group for an infusion of capital. Before Enzo Ferrari died, he and his son sold more shares to the group. Now, Piero Ferrari, Enzo’s son, only holds 10 percent of the company’s share.