Phuket is a booming destination with its white, sandy beaches and beautiful sea vistas. A good way to go around taking in the sights is through a boat hire in Phuket, relaxing as you travel the waters. Of course, part of the fun in visiting a tourist destination is enjoying the food, so one has to visit the local restaurants as well.
For those looking for places to eat at in Phuket, here are some of the island’s notable food destinations.
- Black Ginger at The Slate Resort, Nai Yang beach (+66 07 632 7006)
- Part of The Slate Resort and is placed on an island in the middle of a lagoon; this restaurant can only be accessed by boat hire in Phuket, and features traditional Thai dishes with modern twists. Specialties such as Somtam (green papaya salad), as well as more uncommon options such as cha-plu leaves with chili sauce are also available here.
- Blue Elephant Phuketat 96 Krabi Road, Phuket Town
- The Phuket branch of an established global brand, the Blue Elephant specializes in Royal Thai cuisine, a rich culinary flavour that once had the Royal Thai court as its sole purveyor, before spreading out during the boom in popularity of Thai cooking. The Blue Elephant Phuket, fittingly, is located in a beautiful, old Chinese-colonial mansion, located near the old quarter of Phuket Town.
- Home Kitchen at Kalim Beach, across the street food court
- The newest project of Chef Daniel Isberg, the Home Kitchen Bar & Bed features artsy aesthetics from the mid of the Australian John Underwood. This restaurant stands out in the northern reaches of Patong Bay with its aesthetic. The food is Chef Isberg’sgastronomic creations, with his famous ‘Chef Dinner’, combined with drinks from Thomas Alexandre.
- La Gritta Italian Restaurant at Amari Phuket Resort, Patong Beach
- A more romantic restaurant compared to the usual Phuket fare, the La Gritta is located on the southern end of Patong Bay, in the Amari Phuket compound. Featuring contemporary design, indoor and outdoor dining areas and an open-air lounge, and stunning views of Patong Bay, the La Gritta offers a high-class romantic tropical dinner.