There are certain instances in one’s life when solitude deepens self awareness and builds a healthy self relationship. Being alone can be beautiful because it allows you to determine your own values and priorities in life. The best option to enjoy solitude is to join a retreat in a new place far from your comfort zone and loved ones.
Physical and emotional benefits of going on a retreat
1. Places like Thailand have powerful settings that allow profound healing, deep relaxation and transformation. There are health retreats in Thailand where you can enjoy being away from the usual hustle and bustle of city life. Swimming in the blue waters of the Andaman Sea helps in forgetting about life’s daily stresses.
2. Retreats take you away from the distractions of cell phones, laptops, friends, family and work. When you let go of the distractions, you are able to reflect on how you are actually living your life and whether you are following your heart’s desires.
3. When you go on a retreat, you get the chance to pamper yourself. You can have a massage, participate in a yoga class, enjoy a good night’s sleep in a peaceful and serene environment and take your fill of Thailand’s fresh fruits and vegetables. There is no boss who requires you to work overtime or friends who expect your attendance at a party.
4. At the retreat, there are no plans for the day. You can decide on how you want to enjoy the day without being pressured by anyone. There is no tight schedule that requires you to run from one appointment to the next.
5. You get to interact with strangers who have the same issues. The experience will allow you to be more calm and more connected to who you are.
At the health retreat in Thailand, there are modern amenities like swimming pools, sauna and Jacuzzi to ensure that you have continuous relaxation. A unique detox program is offered with raw fruit dieting, Yoga, massages and personalized programs to help you achieve you health and fitness goals including weight loss management.