Below are some of the viable tips you can do when you need to do cockroach control in Brisbane and in other parts of the Down Under Australia and in other of the world:
- The first and most important you must do when you are doing cockroach control in Brisbane is to make sure that those tiny and sometimes flying cockroaches don’t get any food or water from your home. To be more specific, water is one thing roaches can’t live without. Make sure that there’ll be no leaks of water especially in the kitchen and bathroom. Chances are, if you have gel-based baits at home, the cockroaches will take the bait and die.
- Generally speaking, a clean house is safe from infestation of any insects for that matter. Make sure that dishes are washed and dried up thoroughly especially after meals. In addition to this, make sure that the top of your range is free of grease because any marks of grease will attract roaches.
- Another important tip in preventing your home from getting infested by cockroaches and other insects is making sure that all of your stored food are properly sealed. Also, never ever wait for the next morning to wash the dishes and, never leave fruit on top of your kitchen counters.
- Mop the floor regularly especially if they are already sticky. Make sure that the floor dries up properly and never leave any wet spots.
- Don’t overpopulate the trash can. Use a trash can that has a cover.
- You can also employ the use of childproof housed or gel-based cockroach baits when you want to eliminate those pesky roaches. The idea is to trick cockroaches into taking the baits which contain attractive food for them and when they consume it, they will be poisoned to death.
- Of course, there are more natural ways to kill roaches instead of those chemicals and baits. An example of one of these natural solutions is the mixture of boric acid, flour and powdered sugar which can be sprinkled in areas where roaches stays such as the backs of cabinets or drawers, under the fridge and other similar places around your home.