The colours in a home affect the mood of the persons living inside. They also are a means to show off the homeowner’s fine taste to friends and family. But colour selection for a home is a daunting task, given the number of options available.
Choosing perfect painters also plays an important role in the final outcome of the colouring job. The experienced painters in Hills District offer personalized consultations with the colour experts to help their clients in understanding the perfect colour combinations and picking up a right shade for their home.
I have some handy tips to select perfect colour scheme for beautiful homes.
- The first step is to understand the colour wheel. It is important to understand the colour wheel and the differences between the primary, secondary and tertiary colours to create a perfect colour scheme.
- The next step is determining a colour scheme. Most of the painters in Hills District use four major colour schemes. Monochromatic colour scheme uses different shades of the same colour family. Monochromatic colour scheme gives a contemporary look to the house. The next scheme preferred by most homeowners is the contrast theme. Painters use completely opposite colours like red and green, black and white and blue and pink to give a dramatic and energetic look to your home. Analogous and complementary colour schemes are the two other schemes most popularly used. You can select a theme for individual room or follow a single theme through the house.
- Create the desired colour scheme not only on the walls but integrate it into the decor of the house. Pick up furnishings like carpets, rugs, curtains and blinds in the desired colour scheme. You can also integrate the furniture into the colour scheme by using similar fabrics or wood on your sofas and other furniture.
- Lighting has a major impact on the colour scheme of a home. Choose the lighting wisely to accentuate the look further.
- Use colour swatches and check for the exact colours. Create a proper flow around the home so that the whole theme looks in harmony with each other. Majority of the painters in Hills District assist the clients in choosing a perfect colour scheme for their home.